Hello Everyone, Emily here. One of my main dreams and goals in life is to become a
polyglot. A polyglot is someone who knows and speaks several (usually three or
more) languages at a proficient level. I have been interested in foreign
languages ever since I was a kid, but the first time I ever tried to actually
gain proficiency in one was when I started to learn Japanese in college. If it
were possible I would try to learn every language in the world. Unfortunately,
although I really enjoy studying languages, I really am not capable of that.
However, there are some people who can learn five, ten, even
twenty languages. These people are called hyperpolyglots. A hyperpolyglot is
someone who is able to speak six or more languages at a proficient level. These
are people I really admire. Many of these hyperpolyglots have Youtube accounts
and regularly post videos about their language learning experiences.
Tim Doner is a 17 year old American from New York City, who can
speak to some extent twenty (maybe more) different languages. Here is a video
of him practicing some of them:
This is Benny from Ireland. He makes youtube videos about
becoming fluent in a language in three months. He is currently learning
Japanese!
This is a video Benny and many other polyglots made together
to try to encourage others to take up learning a foreign language. I definitely
encourage everyone to watch this, it's great!
Deciding to learn a foreign language was one of the best
decisions I have ever made. I hope to one day be able to proficiently speak
Japanese, Korean, and Mandarin Chinese. It will take a lot of work, but I know
it will definitely be worth it. Let me know if you enjoy these videos. I would
definitely encourage everyone to watch more of these videos and gain
inspiration from these amazing polyglots!
Tim is really good at learning languages. impressive.
ReplyDeleteTim is incredible. I think his brain should be studied.
Deleteハモンドさん、外国語を習うと、頭がよくなるし、いい仕事をもらえるチャンスが増えるし、それに何より、いい地球市民になれると思います。頑張ってください。 $5 for Blog 2, $10 total 川口
ReplyDelete