Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Surprise from a Stranger

Good evening, everybody! It's Danielle again.

Yesterday (December 3rd) was a very special day for me because it was my 21st birthday! It was also the birthday of a girl who lives on the same floor as me in our dorm. Two days ago I was really stressed out, so I decided to make a birthday card for this girl since I knew that we have the same birthday. I slipped it under her door yesterday morning, and this afternoon... I found a card under my door! She had made me a card in return! I was so surprised.

Isn't it cute? She wrote me a nice message and even taped candy canes inside it. I think it's wonderful that strangers can turn out to be so kind, supporting and celebrating each other even if they do not know one other well.

In a way,we have done the same thing on this blog. We are all still strangers to each other to some extent. But we have also shared our opinions, ideas, and experiences so that we can all learn more about each other's cultures. I personally want to thank all of you for taking the time to participate in this project. It has been so much fun for me, and I hope it has been for you too! As 2013 comes to an end, I hope that you have the opportunity to enjoy the winter, spend time with loved ones, and reflect on good things that have happened to you this year. Be sure to keep warm, too!

3 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday! That's so sweet about the card and how you and this girl both made cards for each other

    ReplyDelete
  2. グレースさん、誕生日おめでとうございます!他人と心を通い合わせるために、まず、自分から心を開いて行動することが大切だと思います。グレースさんは、まさにそれをしましたね!$5, $30 total 川口

    ReplyDelete