Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Plans for Winter Break

Hey everyone! Emily here.
This semester has gone by so quickly; I can't believe this project is over already. I really enjoyed reading everyone's blog posts!

Although I'm a little bit sad that the semester is ending because it was overall a very enjoyable semester for me, I am very much looking forward to winter break! I have so much stuff to do.
One thing I am looking forward to is the release of the movie The Hobbit.




Everyone in my family are big fans of the Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit books, so we all cannot wait to see this movie when it comes out. The movies have all been very good so far, but if you haven't read the books, I would strongly recommend it. I hope one day to be proficient enough to read the books in Japanese! (That may take a while though.)

Another thing I am planning to do during break, ironically, is study. It's pretty normal for people to not want to study, but I am weird in that when it comes to foreign languages, I find studying to be quite fun. I want to focus on speaking during break and help my Japanese and Korean listening and speaking skills, which are really my weakest areas. I am going to find tutors/language partners on italki.com, which is a site I highly recommend for practicing foreign languages. There are lots of really great teachers on there, so if you want language practice, that's the place to go!


I hope you all enjoyed this project as much as I did. And thanks to everyone who read my blog entries! Have a great winter break everyone!

1 comment:

  1. ハモンドさんが語学が上手な理由が、このブログを読んで少し分かりました。italkiは面白そうなサイトですね。$5, $30 total 川口

    ReplyDelete